Contact Us

Training FAQs

Frequently asked questions about our bespoke training courses, facilities and policies.

What qualifications do I need to gain access to the wind industry?

We run a full 6 day course which offers the essential qualifications and skills needed for operating on a wind farm. The course is Global Wind Organisation (GWO) approved and covers the following modules:

  • Working at Height and Rescue – Wind Turbines
  • Sea Survival
  • Manual Handling
  • Emergency First Aid & – Automated External Defibrillation (AED)
  • Fire Awareness

Dependant on your future employer the qualifications needed may be a selection of or all of the above, we advise you speak to the organisations you intend to work for. This said the GWO courses are the most recognised in UK and Europe and our teams use these on all the sites we work on.

How can I get a job offshore?

Once you have completed the relevant qualifications, you can get in touch with recruitment agencies and any other industry companies. You can also find job pages online which can be a great help. We cannot help you in finding employment at CWind.

How much are the courses?

All course costs are listed against each course.

What are the Course Prerequisites?

All course prerequisites can be found in the corresponding course summary page.

Will CWind Training give me a job after the course?

We only specialise in training individuals to work in the wind industry.

Is food provided?

If you are attending training for a full day, lunch will be provided.

Is accommodation provided?

No – accommodation is not provided, we can provide a list of local hotels/B&B for you to book.

Where are the courses held?

Our GWO Courses currently only run from Grimsby, we do however have numerous mobile options giving us the facility to provide some training onsite.

Can I book now and pay later?

The full amount has to be paid on the day you book the course to secure your place.

What equipment do I need to bring with me?

All equipment needed is detailed in your Pre Course Information which is issued to you once you book the course. No specialist equipment is needed (we provide that) as long as you wear appropriate clothing and safety footwear.

Do you run bespoke courses?

We do design bespoke courses to meet your needs. Our knowledge and experience mean that we can work with you to design a training plan specific to you, your company and your operations.

Do you accept any military funding?

We are an approved supplier through the Careers Transition Partnership (CTP). We don’t unfortunately accept Enhanced Learning Credits (ELC). Please contact your Careers advisor for further information on CTP and how it can help fund your course.

Why do I have to have a medical before I do the course?

You must complete a medical declaration before you attend the course so we know you are fit and healthy and able to perform all modules of the courses without putting yourself or anyone else at risk.

When do I receive certification?

Certification will be sent via email within 5 working days of successful completion of the course, to the individual responsible for payment, unless prior arrangement is made with CWind Training.

What is your cancellation policy?

Notice of cancellation of a booking must be given in writing to Bookings cancelled 14 days of more before the start of the course will receive a full refund.

If a booking is cancelled less than 14 days before the start of the course, 100% of the course fee is payable.

Any other queries?

For any other questions, please call our Head Office and speak to a member of our team on +44 (0)1245 703 000 who will be happy to help. Alternatively, you can email us on